Just getting started learning about blockchain and cryptocurrencies? We have partnered with The Field Institute to provide you with a unique experience to learn from experts in the field around the basics of blockchain and cryptocurrencies; explore practical applications of the technology through case studies and site visits and develop innovative ideas to apply blockchain technology in your organisation.
How will it benefit you:
- Learn the basics of money, bitcoin, ethereum and blockchain
- Discover the opportunities created by blockchain
- Network and connect with industry leaders on onsite tours
- Unlock potential through a collaborative learning process
- Develop innovative solutions for applying blockchain technology to accelerate your business
- Receive a certificate from blockchain Academy upon course completion
Who should attend:
- Those starting to learn about blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Those who know nothing about blockchain but are eager to learn
- Those interested in leveraging blockchain in their personal or professional lives
MODULE 1: Introduction to Blockchain Technology and Bitcoin
- Digital currencies explained
- History of bitcoin
- 101 of a blockchain
- Blockchain security
- Permissioned vs. permissionless blockchain
- Ethereum basics and background
- Smart contracts, regulation and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- Use cases and opportunities
- The future of blockchain technology
MODULE 2: Experiential Site Visits
- Connecting to and leveraging ecosystems
- Experiencing the application of blockchain
MODULE 3: Applying Blockchain to Transform your Work and Business
- Discover the opportunities created by blockchain on interactive site tours
- Network and connect with industry leaders
- Explore the application of blockchain technology in your own business context
- Develop innovative solutions for applying blockchain to accelerate business growth
The outcome of bootcamp is to provide individuals with a general overview of bitcoin and blockchain and give them the tools they need to be able to leverage the technology in their personal context as well as to enhance their organisation’s value and performance.
Attendees will learn more about what bitcoin is, its history, how to use bitcoin (storing, buying and selling) as well as how to send and receive bitcoin from one person to another. The course will also provide an overview of the blockchain: how transactions are stored on the blockchain, how mining works through consensus, the differences between permissioned and permissionless blockchains and why these differences are important.
Current use cases and opportunities of blockchain technology will be discussed such as smart contracts, payment rails, immutable ledger, proof of ownership, remittances and micro-transactions.
With this technical foundation, individuals will then embark on immersive, site visits to organisations already using blockchain successfully, to embed their learning and experience blockchain in a real-world setting, connecting to the emerging tech ecosystem. Reflecting on what they see and learn, individuals will be launched into a collaborative teaming process to innovate ways of applying blockchain in their professional context and gain practical tools and methods for driving digital innovation.
Discount: 10% discount per person for groups of two or more!