Fundrr is digital marketplace lending company that aims at providing micro loans to SMEs across South Africa. With the help of technological innovation, we strive to connect borrowers and lenders in the easiest, quickest and most efficient way.
Fundrr is a digital marketplace lending company that aims at providing micro loans to SMEs across South Africa. By the use of automated algorithms, Fundrr strives to provide quick and efficient loans to SMEs through a simple application process, fast decision making and customer centric business model. Fundrr aims at empowering small businesses through transparent and flexible access to working capital.
Idan has come from a strong entrepreneurial background and has had very close relations to many SMEs ranging in industries. He was involved in a group that had over 70 retail outlets, as well as started his own concept which later grew presence within South Africa, Botswana and Dubai. Idan has a strong focus on innovation, growth and sustainability. Co-founded Fundrr alongside Jarred to tackle the SME funding gap in a smart, easy and innovative way.
Jarred has qualified as an accountant and completed his articles in Grant Thornton in Johannesburg. The portfolio of clients he focused on varied in different industries giving him a wide understanding of different businesses. He then transferred to New York City for two years, where he worked in the financial services industry with a focus on private equities and hedge funds. Jarred has always had an entrepreneurial drive and decided to co-found Fundrr alongside Idan and put all their experience and drive into action.
- Accounting skills
- Financial skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Technological savviness
- Innovation focused
- Customer acquisition & retention
- Building relationships
- Short & long term goal orientated
- January 2017 - Idea was born and put to paper
- July 2017 - Co-founders quit their jobs and began to focus full time on the project
- January 2018 - Fundrr got accepted into AlphaCode
- February 2018 - Systems and IP were developed
- April 2018 - Began running simulations and stress tested the model
- June 2018 - Launched and Fundrr went live
- June 2018 - First successful application